Welcome to Sippican Healthcare Center
Sippican Healthcare Center is a special place where virtually every healthcare need and desire is met, including: quality; comprehensive medical, nursing and rehabilitation care; beautiful facilities; air conditioning and a friendly staff of experts who exhibit the utmost respect and dignity. The atmosphere at Sippican is warm and family like. Sippican is a place that is easy to call “home.”
The professionals at Sippican are dedicated to providing high quality long-term nursing and subacute care. It is our goal to open the doorways to a functional and fulfilling lifestyle for each and every one of our residents.
The facility is situated on lovely grounds in Marion, Massachusetts in a setting that has been described by residents as “pleasant and comfortable.” Sippican offers elegant dining, social rooms and finely decorated living accommodations. In addition, the nursing and therapeutic services are second to none. Programs are comprehensive, offering residents the most modern, innovative therapies available.
• IV Therapy (central lines)
• Wound Management
• Respiratory Therapy
• Physical Therapy
• Occupational Therapy
• Speech Language Therapy
• Medication Monitoring
• Patient Teaching
• Discharge Planning
• Nutrition Counseling
• Podiatry Services
• Dental Services
• Optometry Services
The rehabilitation program is led by a physician who specializes in rehabilitation and physical medicine. The physician has an interdisciplinary group of highly trained and motivated specialists to round out the team - physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech/language pathologists, cognitive therapists, rehabilitation nurses, social workers, therapeutic recreational specialists and nutritionists.
All rehabilitation programs are individually tailored to ensure success. We strive for healthy outcomes. That means using every possible form of effective therapy to accelerate and maximize every resident’s rehabilitation potential.
Rehabilitation programs range from intensive one-on-one therapy sessions to group sessions. This includes a variety of support groups which allow residents the opportunity to learn more about their condition, share experiences with others, discuss concerns and build lasting friendships.
For some patients, intravenous antibiotic therapy is the most effective treatment for fighting infection. For those patients whose physicians have prescribed intravenous antibiotics as part of their healthcare program, an IV and Central Line program is offered which allows them to continue their therapy in the comfort of our facility.
Residents are always busy, if they choose to be. A representative from the activities department greets each resident at the time of admission to discuss personal interests and hobbies. While at the facility, patients can be involved in their favorite pastimes, and meet others with similar interests.
Arts and crafts, physical fitness programs and discussion groups are all coordinated through the activities department. There are many social events, such as ice cream socials and cookouts. Outings away from the facility are also scheduled.
In addition to our activities room, Sippican also has a music room, a library and an entertainment room.
• Age 22 or older
• Persons with a significant change in functional status resulting from a medical problem or problems.
• Persons who are medically stable and able to participate in rehabilitation activity.
We accept admission from all healthcare facilities
• Emergency Rooms
• Physicians Office
• Acute Care Hospitals
Referrals can be made by contacting Sippican Healthcare Center directly. Please refer to the list below for insurances accepted. If you want to confirm insurance information on Sippican Healthcare Center, please call the facility directly at (508) 748-3830.
We accept most Medicare, Medicaid, workers compensation and insurance plans, including a wide range of major HMO’s and PPO’s, including, but not limited to:
• Workers Compensation
• AETNA/US Healthcare
• Anthem BC
• Blue Cross/Blue Shield of MA
• CIGNA/Healthsource MA/NH
• Fallon Community Health Plan
• Focus Healthcare
• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
• Holland Compcare
• Tufts Associated Health Plan
• Unicare (GIC Indemnity)
• United Payors/United Providers
Religious Services & Support Groups
We recognize that the spiritual needs of our residents are very important. Religious services are held on-site and clergy of different faiths visit regularly.
Support meetings are available for family members of residents. These group discussions and activities allow families to share thoughts and feelings and learn from others who have loved ones in similar situations. Families are invited to actively participate in goal-setting, conferences, teaching programs and counseling sessions. They will work with the same members of the care team throughout a resident’s stay.
Patient support groups are also held regularly. Here residents can learn more about their disability, discuss concerns, share experiences and more.
Directions to Sippican Healthcare Center
• From New Bedford/Fall River Area: Route 195 East to Exit 20, Route 105 South, Marion/ Rochester. Approximately 1/4 of a mile bear right onto Mill Street. Continue along Mill Street to a second fork and bear right. Sippican is located on the right side of the street.
• From the Boston Area: Route 128 South to Route 24 South (Fall River, New Bedford). Route 24 South, to 495 South, Exit 1 (Route 195) West to Wareham/Marion. Route 195 for 6 miles, take exit 20 to Route 105 South, Marion - Rochester. Approximately 1/4 of a mile bear right onto Mill Street. Continue along Mill Street to a second fork and bear right. Sippican is located on the right side of the street.
• From Cape Cod: 495 North to 195 West. 195 West to Exit 20, Marion/ Rochester. At the first fork in the road bear right onto Mill Street. Continue on Mill Street to a second immediate fork and bear right. Sippican Healthcare Center is located on the right.