Director of Case Management - Full Time 40 hours Monday through Friday
• To oversee and coordinate the efforts of the Case Management and Social Service departments, as well as the hospital’s Interpreter Services Program, to provide quality and cost-effective rehabilitation health care services that promote optimal outcomes for the individual and support the growth development and mission of the hospital.
• Maintain qualified staff. Provide for orientation, supervision, professional growth and evaluation of staff. Promote employee development through continuing education and attendance of required programs. Process department and employee evaluations.
• Demonstrate commitment to the organization and to its goals and missions. Serve as a participating member of the following committees:
Utilization Review Committee, Department Directors, Performance Improvements, Other special committees as required.
• Design and implement systems to comply with hospital administrative operating requirements.
• Participate in the development of a realistic budget
• Effectively manage materials and resources to meet the needs of the patients and hospital.
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and control costs.
• Assess staff space equipment and make appropriate recommendations to administration.
• Coordinate the Interpreter Services Program for the hospital.
• Provide for orientation of new employees to the areas of responsibility of the Utilization Management scope of services and Interpreter Services. Provide for on-going interdepartmental education and coordination through informal/formal inservices and participation in focus groups.
• Maintain consistent, timely documentation of employee performance, meeting and committee activities and performance improvement efforts.
• Generate, maintain, analyze and distribute management statistic/data as required by administration or regulatory agencies. Process monthly reports as required by administration and regulatory agencies. Prepare and present quarterly and annual reports.
• Independently initiates personal professional growth and development by a variety of educational endeavors and participation in community activities.
• Develop, implement and monitor a process consistent with the hospital’s UR plan.
• Act as the coordinator of Interpreter Services. Actively participate in on-going training of staff regarding the program, sets goals and objectives to improve the program and ensure the competency of all interpreters used by hospital.
• Registered Nurse with current Massachusetts license, BSN preferred.
• At least 5 years varied nursing experience, preferably orthopedic, med-surg, geriatric and rehabilitation, At least 2years experience in case management / utilization review.
• Supervisory and/or administrative experience desirable.
• Effective communication and assessment skills.