Director of Nursing - Full Time
• Assumes responsibility for the development of nursing service objectives, performance standards of nursing practice for each category of nursing personnel.
• Assumes accountability for the development, organization and implementation of approved policies and procedures.
• Directs, evaluates and supervises all resident care and initiates corrective action as necessary.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BS preferred.
• Current licensure in Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse.
• Minimum of five (5) years recent clinical long term care experience.
• Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience in a long term care facility.
• Knowledge of managed care, geriatric nursing, reimbursement systems, OBRA, HCFA, JCAHO and Medicare required.
• Knowledge in areas of management, labor relations, recruitment, budgeting and finance.
• Current Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support in accordance with American Heart Association or American Red Cross standards required.
• Knowledge of growth and development across the life span required.