Employee Health / Infection Control RN - Full Time 40 hours, Monday-Friday
• Manages the infection control and employee health programs and promotes quality surveillance, reporting, prevention and control of infection. Conducts these activities under the direction of the Infection Control and Employee Health Committees.
• Ensures that the organization’s processes and supporting mechanisms for infection control are based on current scientific knowledge, acceptable practice guidelines and applicable law and regulations, and that they encompass both patient care services and employee health services.
• Promotes a safe environment for patients and others and complies with applicable regulations, OSHA recommendations and TJC standards.
• Ensures compliance with local, state and federal agency regulations and with TJC standards with regard to all infection control activities.
• Investigates any infection outbreak to establish etiology, develop interventions and evaluate outcomes.
• Provides mandated in-service education to all staff and collaborates with department managers in providing staff with specific infection control educational programs.
• Develops and initiates activities to monitor and evaluate Infection Control program to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Manages the employee health program and promotes a healthy and safe work environment for employees, patients, volunteers and visitors under the guidance of the Employee Health Committee
• Provides treatment, referral and follow-up for all work-related illnesses and injuries for all Whittier Rehabilitation Hospital employees. Manages work-related disability cases and assists with the return to work process. Functions as a liaison with the worker’s compensation insurance carriers and the human resources department.
• Current RN Massachusetts Licensure. BSN/CIC preferred.
• Education and experience in Infection Control, epidemiology, and/or microbiology (or other related science) required.