Home Health Physical Therapist – Per Diem
• Looking for Per Diem Physical Therapist for growing agency.
• Provide individualized evaluation, comprehensive planning, development of goals, implementation of treatment and discharge plans, documentation of findings and progress, and patient/family education in the home setting under the direction of a licensed physician.
• Demonstrates respect for patient confidentiality, goals, property and lifestyle.
• Demonstrates competence in thorough evaluation of patient’s functional performance and home safety/accessibility. Sets measurable and objective goals in conjunction with patient/caregiver.
• Implements/revises appropriate treatment plans according to patient diagnosis/response/status under and in accordance with the Physical Therapy Code of Ethics and agency/insurance regulations.
• Completes documentation (initial evaluation, 485’s, OASIS tool, daily notes, telephone orders, conference and discharge summaries, etc.) in a timely basis utilizing the Care Anyware System.
• Actively participates in physician and team communication to ensure quality of care and appropriate discharge plans.
• Provides education to patient/caregiver during treatment to ensure appropriate carryover.
• Performs wound care within scope of practice.
• Bachelor of Science degree or Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy from an APTA accredited program.
• Current licensure in Massachusetts and/or New Hampshire.
• Knowledge of growth and development across the life span.
• Certification in BCLS of Adult.
• Must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
• National and State Physical Therapy Association membership preferred.
• Completion of hospital and agency orientation and reorientation as required.
• Two years of experience preferable; in acute care, rehabilitation or home care including age-related competence for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as indicated.