Home Health RN – Salary range from $32.41 to $46.81/hour
Full Time 40 hours
Part Time 24 hours
• Flexible Hours
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
• Provides comprehensive nursing care to clients based on assessment of their needs and results of on-going evaluation within the framework of Community Health Nursing Practice.
• Formulates and implements a home health care plan for the client which is based on physician orders, the therapeutic plan of other members of the health care team and nursing assessment. Considers all factors which affect client health status, e.g., lifestyle alterations, self-care deficits, critical events, pathophysiology and support network.
• Assumes accountability and responsibility for a client caseload, within the accepted standards of Community Health Nursing practice.
• Provides those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill.
• Regularly reevaluates the client’s nursing needs and makes necessary revisions to the plan of care.
• Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
• Counsels/teaches the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
• Assists/teaches client/family and/or significant other in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
• Participates in interdisciplinary case conferences, record reviews and continuing education offerings.
• Acts as a case manager and resource person for professional and support staff.
• Maintains clinical records, submits statistical data and other required paperwork in a timely basis as required.
• Initiates referrals to other disciplines and community resources as indicated.
• Prepares clinical and progress notes, coordinates services, informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the client’s condition and needs.
• Assesses all aspects of client safety in determining what specific activities of the client’s plan of care can be safely delegated to the home health aide and delegates those aspects of care to the home health aide.
• Develops a plan of care for home health aides.
• Demonstrates, teaches, evaluates the care provided by home health aides according to the agency policy.
• Arranges for supervision of the home health aide.
• Ensures safety, infection control, and maintenance of equipment in office area and clients’ homes.
• Provides on-call coverage as assigned.
• Enhances clinical skills through participation in inservice, continuing education, research review of current literature as appropriate. Participates in department/hospital/community educational activities.
• Assists with Performance Improvement activities within the departments/hospital to improve client/staff and quality of client care, etc.
• Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
• Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse by the State of Massachusetts.
• One year of professional experience preferable; in acute care, rehabilitation or home care including age-related competence for adult, and geriatric patients as indicated.
• Knowledge of growth and development across the life span.
• Certification in BCLS of Adult.
• Must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
• Good verbal and written communication skills required.
• Must possess good organizational and learning skills.
Walk-ins are welcome!
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below.