Medical Care Evaluator - Full Time 40 hours Monday-Friday
• Responsible for obtaining all the information necessary for a patient's pre-admission screening, inclusive of pertinent medical information; patient, family and referral source views; a nursing assessment and financial information to ensure hospital payment capability.
• Conducts an in‐depth pre‐assessment of the potential candidate for admission inclusive of required interviews and documentation of all screening and utilization review data.
• Determines if the patient is likely to benefit significantly from an intense hospital level rehabilitation program or extensive inpatient evaluation.
• Provides representation at and presentation of pre‐admission screening information as necessary to the admissions department and when indicated, performs re‐assessments to ensure the admission is reasonable and necessary.
• Maintains good relationships with hospital discharge planners and provides continuous updating of Whittier Rehabilitation Hospital’s programmatic information.
• College Degree in health related field. R.N. preferred.
• Varied experience with rehabilitative services.
• Demonstrates ability to assess patients with a wide variety of rehabilitation needs.
• Current driver's license and an accessible automobile.
• Knowledge of health insurance industry preferred.