Medical Records Analyst – Part Time 32 hours
• Perform a combination of clerical tasks to support the operations of the Medical Record/Health Information Department.
• Review “active” outpatient medical record upon outpatient’s admission assigning diagnostic code utilizing the ICD‐9 coding system.
• Data entry of appropriate diagnostic code to compile patient master index.
• Prepare correspondence for our outside vending company.
• Responsible for the storage of current discharge medical records, assuring appropriate sign out procedures are followed upon request. Pulling and refilling patient medical records appropriately.
• Prepare the discharge inpatient medical record for scanning into the KYOS system by prepping and assembling the medical record.
• Ensure completeness of all inpatient discharge patient medical records in the KYOS system. Perform document correction, unassigned deficiencies and manual deficiencies within the system.
• Ensure completeness of all outpatient medical records. Assemble discharge patient charts and analyze manually for completeness of the medical record..
• Process and distribute transcription to appropriate nursing stations, outpatient clinic, Day Rehab clinician and physicians. Mail or fax all carbon copies as requested.
• Conduct department studies and audits following established guidelines. Pull and re-file charts for special projects such as FIM, QA, etc.
• Upon re-admission of a patient, existing medical record is retrieved from storage and delivered to appropriate nurses’ station, if the medical record is not scanned into the KYOS system.
• Maintain discharge log and Updates the Master Patient Index book that is printed by CPSI system.
• Identify and notifiy Admissions of any errors or changes in demographics of patient computer information.
• File to appropriate patient medical record any late deliveries of reports or test results into the KYOS system.
• GED or High School diploma.
• Working knowledge of ICD-9.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Demonstrate proficient computer skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to proofread.
• Ability to juggle more than one task at a time.
• Knowledge and use of office machines (personal computers, copier, fax machines).
• Good judgment.
• Ability to calculate simple math.
• Ability to follow instructions.