Medical Records Analyst - Part Time 3-32 hours, flexible schedule
• Reviews “active” outpatient medical record upon outpatient’s admission assigning diagnostic code utilizing the ICD-9 coding system.
• Data-entry of appropriate diagnostic code to compile patient master index.
• Respond to patient information inquires in a timely and professional manner. Utilizes the Medical Record Director and Legal counsel as reference when necessary.
• Prepares correspondence for our outside vending company.
• Responsible for the storage of current discharge medical records. Assuring appropriate sign out procedures are followed upon request. Pulling and refilling patient medical records appropriately.
• Prepares the Discharge inpatient medical record for scanning into the KYOS system by prepping and assembling the medical record.
• Insure completeness of all Inpatient discharge patient medical records in the KYOS system. Performs document correction, unassigned deficiencies and manual deficiencies within the system.
• Insure completeness of all outpatient medical records. Assembles discharge patient charts and analyzes manually for completeness of the medical record.
• Maintain “Incomplete Record” area in the KYOS system. Assure compliance with Medical Staff Policy, JC, CARF, and Federal and State guidelines. Indentifies in the KYOS system the records that are incomplete and assigns to the Medical Staff the tasks that require completion.
• Reply to all correspondence requests insuring that all requests are accompanied by proper and current consent forms in accordance with legal and hospital policies. Respond in a timely manner maintaining a correspondence log and carefully photocopying appropriate material.
• GED or High School diploma.
• Working knowledge of ICD-9.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Demonstrate proficient computer skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to proofread.
• Ability to juggle more than one task at a time.
• Knowledge and use of office machines (personal computers, copier, fax machines).
• Good judgment.
• Ability to calculate simple math.
• Ability to follow instructions.