Menu Specialist / Nutrition Assistant - Per Diem
• Serves as a liaison between nursing and the kitchen.
• Serves all patients’ meals according to the written instructions provided, i.e., menus and meal patterns.
• Demonstrates proper food handling.
• Identifies problems with residents’ diets and dietary needs, and discusses with Director Culinary Services/Dietitian.
• Maintains records of meal selection, menus, diet census, nourishment sheets, production sheet and alternate meal tickets, and diets served.
• Prepares and labels house and supplemental nourishments and thickened liquids.
• May be required to check completed trays for accuracy.
• Observes infection control procedures related to the Culinary and Nutritional Services Department.
• Interviews residents and determines specific needs and preferences.
• Processes diet slips and changes for Mealtracker. Processes Production Sheets by Group indicating any special requests or diet changes.
• Helps Hospitality Aides as needed. Receives last minute requests or diet changes from nursing units and submits to kitchen for processing.
• Strong people skills and communication skills.
• Experience preferred but not required.
• High School Graduate or G.E.D. required.
• Must begin Nutrition Certification Course and Allergy Awareness Course within 6 months of hire date.
• High Level of computer skills and knowledge.