Menu Specialist – Full Time
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
• Distribute appropriate menus to patients and assist patients in the selection of diets.
• Tabulation of daily production sheets and ensure accuracy of tray line.
• Adjust diet sheets and make appropriate changes in the Kardex. Modify menus to meet the prescribed dietary needs.
• Identify concerns in patient nutritional needs and discusses with Dietitian.
• Supervise tray line for accuracy and compliance; make adjustments as needed and provide quality assurance.
• Stock unit appropriate prescribed product for enteral feedings.
• Daily collection of physician dietary orders and logging changes in Nutrition Office.
• Distribution and collection of completed menus.
• Assist Dietitian in providing basic nutritional education to patients.
• Interview patients and/or family members to determine specific needs for cultural and/or social preferences.
• Tally menus and prepare production sheets for the kitchen.
• 3-4 years experience in food service.
• High school diploma required, or GED equivalent.
• Nutritional courses at post-high school graduate level preferred.
• Must possess basic math skills and an ability to work with basic calculations.
• Knowledge of growth and development across the life span.
• Basic computer skills.