Nurse Practitioner – Full Time
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
Primary Responsibilities include the following:
• Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill perioperative patients.
• Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
• Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
• Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
• Assists with the provision of surgical care in accordance with facility, state, and federal regulations.
• Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
• Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
• Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
• Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
• Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure.
• Current Nurse Practitioner certification in specialty area.
• Current CNOR/CRNFA (if applicable) certification.
• Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); PALS provider card as required by department and facility.
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Minimum of 1-2 years OR clinical perioperative experience.
• 1-2 years’ experience in the Nurse Practitioner role preferred.
• Recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.