Nursing Assistant - No CNA certification required
Part Time 24 hours 3:00pm-11:30pm, including every other weekend
Full Time 7am-3:30pm and Part Time all other shifts, including every other weekend
This position does not require CNA certification and is an ideal entry level position for those aspiring to a career in healthcare.
• Assists licensed nursing personnel by performing patient care according to hospital, federal and state regulations.
• Assists patients with daily activities of daily living specific to culture, age and developmental level.
• Performs tasks/tests delegated by the registered nurse and reports/records data as needed.
• Performs advanced skills delegated by the registered nurse as deemed competent, reports/records data as needed.
• Continuously monitors/observes patients to assure needs are met in a timely manner.
• Reports any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents.
• Provides 1:1 supervision of patients at risk for injury.
• Can initiate CPR measures when indicated. Recognizes and promptly reports life threatening situations.
• Respects patient/family privacy and maintains confidentiality.
• Maintains professional relationships and communicates effectively with patients and their families appropriate to their age and developmental level.
• Assists with patient admissions and discharges by setting up and clearing patient rooms.
• Assists patients with handling of clothing and other personal property throughout their hospital stay.
• Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED.
• Able to read, write and speak English.