Outpatient Admissions Coordinator - Full Time 40 hours Monday-Friday
• Responsible for maintaining an efficient and productive working environment in the ambulatory care office and for performing the admission process for all ambulatory care patients.
• Coordinates and performs admission of ambulatory care patients including:
a. Verification of patient’s insurance for services rendered.
b. Completes all necessary admission forms.
c. Schedules ambulatory care patients for therapy treatments, physician appointments, and clinic visits.
d. Assembles medical records for new patients.
e. Maintains weekly schedule of patients.
f. Collects co-payment at time of arrival, informs therapists and physicians upon arrival for all outpatient appointments.
g. Tracks insurance status and informs clinicians of number of visits and dates for visits allowed.
h. Assists therapists with request for continued coverage to insurance companies.
• May be required to assist with secretarial support to ambulatory care personnel including word processing, filing, Xeroxing, answering telephones, faxing, interoffice deliveries and mailing for appropriate medical documentation.
• Assists with coordination of daily activities of ambulatory care services to ensure smooth flow of work and communication.
• Responsible for improving the overall function of the ambulatory care office thus maintaining an efficient outpatient working environment.
• Schedules meetings for ambulatory care staff members.
• High school graduate or secretarial school preferred. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Basic typing and computer skills required.
• Customer service orientation.
• Knowledge of growth and development across the life span.