Quality Assurance Nurse - Part Time 32 hours
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
• Designs, conducts and coordinates quality assurance and improvement activities. Works collaboratively with the Hospital departments to establish and manage an effective quality assurance program for the measurement and evaluation of clinical outcomes, and the improvement of services throughout Whittier Rehabilitation Hospital.
• Facilitates assessment, development, and design of the organization’s quality culture, patient safety and risk management processes.
• Works with Administration to ensure compliance with JC, DPH and other regulatory standards.
• Performs and coordinates risk management.
• Conducts follow‐up investigation of occurrences and provides education to staff as appropriate.
• Serves as a member of the Hospital’s Performance Improvement Committee by participating in the development of quality programs.
• Assists the organization by compiling data on important processes or outcomes related to clinical care, risk management and organizational function.
• Consistently maintains awareness of changes in rules and regulations effecting nursing and Hospital operations.
• Develops and provides educational offerings to all levels of staff relating to program development based on sound risk management principles and occurrence reporting trends.
• Current RN Massachusetts licensure.
• BSN preferred.
• Knowledge of managed care, adult‐geriatric nursing, management of the disabled, OBRA, OSHA, HCFA, The Joint Commission and Medicare required.