Lead Receptionist - Full Time
• Responsible for the operation of telephone switchboard and main reception desk as well as overseeing per diem staff.
• To facilitate the maximum level of telephone and reception practices and prepare photocopied materials for departments in need of this service.
• Operate telephone switchboard, route calls, convey messages and provide information to callers as appropriate and as authorized.
• Greet and direct visitors, ensure that all visitors and vendors sign in the visitor/vendor log. Issue identification badges and collect badges as individuals leave the premises.
• Maintain a current listing of all in-house patients. Insure that only authorized patient and/or business information is given to visitors and callers.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Reception Services and as requested by various departments (i.e. typing, collating, sorting, preparing mailings, etc.).
• Maintain neat and organized workstation.
• Provide coverage for Lead Receptionist on an as needed basis.
• Previous switchboard experience preferred.
• Basic computer skills, typing.
• Ability to communicate in an efficient and pleasant manner.
• Must be able to maintain composure under extremely busy circumstances.