Rehabilitation Assistant - Full Time 40 hours to work in a busy outpatient department
• Coordinate & organize a treatment case load (as well as being available to assist with treatment in therapy areas) under the direct supervision of a registered therapist/therapist assistant.
• Assist in the daily management of the rehabilitation department by performing departmental supportive tasks and assisting with patient-related activities.
• Maintain adequate supply of inventory.
• Maintain safety, cleanliness and orderliness of all clinical areas including equipment.
• Log orders daily.
• Prepare and distribute admission slips.
• Check and distribute mail.
• Provide coverage for Rehabilitation Secretary as needed.
• Conduct group activities as outlined by a licensed clinician.
• Assist in transportation of patients.
• Assist in splinting.
• Assist licensed staff with individualized treatment.
• Carry out morning ADL’s as instructed by licensed staff.
• High School Diploma
• Ability to follow directions, coordinate a variety of responsibilities and receive supervision from several sources.
• Good organizational and communication skills.
• Interpersonal ease with empathy for adult ehabilitation and geriatric patients.
• Certification in BLS of Adult, Child and Infant.
• Exhibit a willingness and flexibility cooperatively with all levels of staff and disciplines and function as an effective team member.
• Knowledge, experience and competency in dealing with adult rehabilitation and geriatric age group.
• Knowledge of growth and development across the life span.