Respiratory Therapist – Full Time 40 hours 11-7 shift and every other weekend
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
• Provides individualized evaluation, documentation, treatment planning implementation, and goal determination under the direction of a physician.
• Performs all modes of respiratory care inclusive of PFT’s, ABG’s, 02 and aerosol therapy, airway maintenance (including plugging of tracheas for weaning and assistance in all trachea change), pulmonary hygiene (CPT, Cough and DB, suction), and maintenance of all respiratory equipment including compressed gas delivery systems and arterial blood gas instrument.
• Monitors and maintains mechanical ventilators and the patients.
• Dispenses respiratory medication as ordered by physician with awareness to drug effectiveness, side effects and contraindications.
• Applies geriatric and rehabilitation knowledge and skills to patient care.
• B.S., or A.S. or Certificate in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited program.
• CRTT or RRT credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care.
• Current licensure by the Division of Registration, Board of Respiratory Care, Commonwealth of MA. or application for the same.
• Certification in BLS of Adult, Child and Infant.
• Knowledge, experience and competency in dealing with adult rehabilitation and geriatric age group.