Social Worker - Full Time 40 hours/week typically Monday-Friday but occasional weekends may be requested when appropriate to meet resident/facility needs
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
• Develop the social service evaluation for the clinical record to include resident's social history, social and emotional need of the resident, working goals and treatment plan, as well as discharge plan
• Coordinate care plan meetings, post admission with resident, family and interdisciplinary team.
• Liaison with family members and responsible parties.
• Attend weekly Medicare meetings.
• Must be Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
• Must have a least a BA in Social Work (preferred) or other related discipline from an accredited university.
• At least two (2) years experience as a Social Worker required with experience in a Healthcare setting preferred; work experience with the geriatric population a plus.
• Possess working knowledge of State and Federal programs and regulations affecting nursing homes, including Medicare/Medicaid.
• Knowledge of MDS (Minimum Data Set) and its pertinence to social work documentation/scheduling preferred.
• Must have organization and critical thinking skills.