Social Worker - Per Diem
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
• May participate on the Admission Team, with the Administrator and Director of Nursing, to assess the appropriateness of referrals for admission to the facility. This is done prior to the admission of the resident.
• Participates in the formation of the total care plan for each resident based on medical, nursing, and psycho-social needs of the resident.
• Resident and family are involved to the extent feasible in formulating the care plan.
• May document pre-admission activities in the clinical record or each new admission.
• Shortly after admission, develops the social service evaluation for the clinical record, to include the resident's social history, social and emotional need of the resident, working goals and treatment plan.
• Must be licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
• Must have at least a BA in Social Work or other related discipline from an accredited university.
• At least two (2) years work experience as a social worker required with experience in a health care setting preferred.
• Possess working knowledge of state and federal programs and regulations affecting nursing homes preferred.
• Possess general knowledge of community health and social resources preferred.
• Knowledge of growth and development across the life span required.