TCU LTC Clinical Nurse Manager - Full Time 7am-3pm
• Under direction of Director of Nursing, holds 24‐hour authority, responsibility, and accountability for the clinical management of assigned resident/patient care unit.
• Monitors compliance with established budgetary and reimbursement guidelines.
• May participate or coordinate in inter‐disciplinary meetings.
• Periodically makes unit rounds and reports to appropriate Dept. Head as necessary.
• Directs, evaluates and supervises all resident/patient care and initiates corrective action as necessary.
• May assume the essential responsibilities of the Director of Nursing in her absence (RN’s only).
• Establishes open lines of communication between al nursing personnel and consistently takes follow‐up action as necessary.
• Directs and supervises activities of professional and non‐professional nursing personnel.
Supports and participates in Inservice Education Programs.
• Provides instruction and demonstration to staff on units when needed.
• Encourages personnel to further their educational growth and development.
Monitors infection control practices of nursing personnel including correct implementation of Universal Precautions and oversees reporting of infections to Infection Control Coordinator
• Completes Infection Control Log in the absence of the Director of Infection Control.
• May be required to coordinate and conduct neurology rounds, contracture rounds, patient care rounds and skin rounds.
• Current RN Mass Nursing License.
• Minimum of 3 years recent clinical experience preferably in Medical‐Surgical, Gerontological or Rehabilitative Nursing.
• Knowledge of Geriatric Nursing preferred, State and Federal regulations, Medicare, Medicaid and MDS.