TCU Nurse Manager - Full Time or Part Time 40 hours/32 hours, Monday through Friday (flexible)
• Under direction of Director of Nursing, holds 24‐hour authority, responsibility, and accountability for the clinical management of assigned resident/patient care unit.
• Monitors compliance with established budgetary and reimbursement guidelines.
• May participate or coordinate in interdisciplinary meetings..
• Periodically makes unit rounds and reports to appropriate Dept. Head as necessary.
• Directs, evaluates and supervises all resident/patient care and initiates corrective action as necessary.
• May assume the essential responsibilities of the Director of Nursing in her absence (RN’s only).
• Establishes open lines of communication between all nursing personnel and consistently takes follow‐up action as necessary.
• Directs and supervises activities of professional and non‐professional nursing personnel.
• Supports and participates in Inservice Education Programs.
• Provides instruction and demonstration to staff on units when needed.
• Encourages personnel to further their educational growth and development.
• Monitors infection control practices of nursing personnel including correct implementation of Universal Precautions and oversees reporting of infections to Infection Control Coordinator.
• Completes Infection Control Log in the absence of the Director of Infection Control.
• May be required to coordinate and conduct neurology rounds, contracture rounds, patient care rounds and skin rounds.
• Current Massachusetts Nursing License (RN or LPN).
• Minimum of 3 years recent clinical experience preferably in Medical‐Surgical, Gerontological or Rehabilitative Nursing.
• Knowledge of Geriatric Nursing preferred, State and Federal regulations, Medicare, Medicaid and MDS.
• Current Certification in BLS of Adult, Child and Infant.