TCU Social Worker – Casual 16-20 hours
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
• Integrates Social Work Services into the functions of the TCU Unit.
• Coordinates all Social Work activities and monitors and evaluates quality of social work services.
• May participate on the Admission Team, with the Administrator and Director of Nursing, to assess the appropriateness of referrals for admission to the facility.
• Participates in the formation of the total care plan for each patient based on medical, nursing and psycho-social needs of the patient.
• Develops the social service evaluation for the clinical record, to include the patient's social history and emotional needs of the patient, working goals and treatment plan.
• Implements working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid bylaws.
• Conducts Crisis Intervention with facility personnel and patients.
• Attends weekly patient care planning meetings.
• Participates in preparation for JCAHO.
• Develops and implements discharge plan in coordination with patients, family and facility team.
• Must be licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
• Must have at least a BA in Social Work or other related discipline from an accredited University.
• At least two (2) years work experience as a Social Worker required with experience in a health care setting preferred; work experience with the geriatric population a plus.
• Possess working knowledge of federal and state programs and regulations affecting nursing homes, including Medicare/Medicaid.
• Knowledge of MDS (Minimum Data Set) and its pertinence to social work documentation/scheduling preferred.
• Must have organizational and critical thinking skills.