Unit Secretary – Full Time
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
• Under the supervision of the Medical Records Director, with input and support from the Nursing Supervisor and Charge Nurse, plans and coordinates the clerical duties of the assigned unit.
• Maintains good incoming and outgoing communication systems with physicians, other departments, nursing personnel, patients and visitors.
• Functions as unit receptionist and message center. Receives information from the Medical Records Director regarding new admissions and changes in patient documentation requirements.
• Thins out current patient records as needed according to policy.
• Performs ongoing record audit for each patient on the unit according to guidelines.
• High School diploma or GED equivalency.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology, ICD-9 coding preferred.
• Keyboard skills preferred.
• CNA certification preferred.