Unit Secretary - Full Time 7am -3pm
Full Time 3pm-11pm
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
• Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing and Clinical Services/Designee, organizes the activities occurring in the nursing station by performing secretarial and receptionist duties, acting as a source of communication, and maintaining the physical environment of the area.
• Transcribes doctors’ orders/renewals and per physician/designee, which will be checked by licensed staff.
• Enters orders through CPSI.
• Initiates, receives and forwards labs and other information to licensed staff and files in appropriate sections of the chart.
• Communicates with the interdisciplinary team members regarding scheduling patient’s activities and tests.
• Acts as a resource to families, patients, visitors and staff on the patient care unit.
• Communicates with licensed nurse and physician upon patient arrival at the Hospital.
• Prepares admission charts for current admission and obtains any previous medical records.
• Copies information related to discharge, follow-up appointments and post discharge and forwards to appropriate receiving facility.
• High School Diploma required.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend medical terminology.
• Previous experience preferred.
• Degree/Certificate in Medical Terminology preferred.
• Knowledge of growth and development across the life span.