Utility Cook - Part Time Weekends
Great opportunity for entry level cook with the desire to succeed in a healthcare facility
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
WHEN WORKING AS CHEF
• Supervises Hospitality Aides and Menu Specialist.
• Handles and prepares food.
• Prepares food which is palatable and appetizing in appearance.
• Follows written menus and recipes.
• Understands and prepares therapeutic diets and alternate meal requests.
• Assumes responsibility for avoiding food waste.
• Responsible for meeting meal schedules.
• Uses and cleans food service equipment and work areas throughout the day; and follows all cleaning schedules as directed.
• Reads menu, reviews recipes and discusses necessary steps in meal preparation and production.
• Demonstrates proper food handling and cleaning techniques.
• Determines the quantity of all food needed in meal preparation.
• Uses, covers, dates and labels all foods and stores properly.
• Detects faulty operation of equipment, and substandard food, and reports to the Director of Culinary Services.
• Monitors and maintains accurate food and equipment temperature logs and reports variations from normal ranges to the Director of Culinary Services.
• Occasionally works as a diet aide.
• High School Degree or equivalent.
• Must have 1+ years experience cooking or successful training under company in-house chef.
• Must know safe food handling and sanitation training and understanding.
• Must be able to read and apply appropriate measuring and math necessary for reading and interpreting recipes.