Charge Nurse - Subacute Unit - Full Time Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm
Join our team in our beautiful new 123 bed facility!
Free Covid-19 Vaccine clinics available to all employees
• Provides clinical supervision of nursing staff providing direct resident care.
• Follows staffing guidelines and makes nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population.
• Instructs nursing staff in proper, preventative safety measures and use of adaptive equipment to meet the needs of each resident.
• Controls supplies and equipment within the unit.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to ensure high quality resident care is maintained.
• Supervises the application and removal of all postural supports and restraints.
• Supervises distribution of nourishment. Insures physician renewal orders and documentation is timely and appropriate.
• Plans and conducts unit staff meetings and records problems and recommends action.
• Conducts rounds, provides report to nurse coming on duty, reports problems to supervisor, reviews and approves admission and re‐admission nursing assessments.
• Develops an accurate comprehensive care plan bases on each resident's assessment.
• Renders immediate assistant to any resident in need.
• Checks meal trays, evaluates and documents changes in residents conditions.
• Observes infection control policies and procedures.
• Maintains and monitors medication room and med cart in clean, safe and secure manner.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
• Current RN or LPN License.
• Knowledge of geriatric care.
• Experience working in subacute care.
• Current certification of Basic Cardiac Life Support in accordance with American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
• Knowledge of growth and development across the life span.