Whittier Rehabilitation Hospital-Westborough underwent a total renovation this spring and summer. Major upgrades and/or additions were made to various areas throughout the hospital:
• Total renovation and upgrades to the Aquatic Therapy Department (upgrades to pool and pool mechanics, new locker rooms and new layout)
• Renovations and upgrades to Whittier Way (our community re-entry program that includes a grocery store, fully operational ATM, a mock movie theatre and a full sized SUV automobile)
• We added a private pediatric treatment room/gym with a separate waiting area for parents that allows them to view their children in therapy
• “Fore” the patients who are dedicated to Golf, we added in a Golf Driving Range Simulator accompanied by an actual putting green
• Total renovation to our current cafeteria, reopened as the Whittier Bistro, which provides service and catering to the hospital but also to businesses in the local vicinity
• Creation of a new treatment area to house our new Neuro Day Rehab Program which opened recently in the Fall 2014. The new neuro rehab gym is almost complete—it is just awaiting some equipment.
• Upgrades to our Outside Bistro area and the surrounding landscaping.
Photo: panorama wide angle view of the Whittier Way community re-entry program.