Welcome to Port Healthcare Center
Port Healthcare Center is a special place where virtually every healthcare need and desire is met, including: quality; comprehensive medical, nursing and rehabilitation care; beautiful facilities; air conditioning and a friendly staff of experts who exhibit the utmost respect and dignity. The atmosphere at Port Healtcare Center is warm and family like. Port is a place that is easy to call “home.”
The professionals at Port are dedicated to providing high quality long-term nursing and subacute care. It is our goal to open the doorways to a functional and fulfilling lifestyle for each and every one of our residents.
The facility is situated on lovely grounds in Newburyport, Massachusetts and offers elegant dining, social rooms and finely decorated living accommodations. In addition, the nursing and therapeutic services are second to none. Programs are comprehensive, offering residents the most modern, innovative therapies available.
• IV Therapy (central lines)
• Wound Management
• Respiratory Therapy
• Physical Therapy
• Occupational Therapy
• Speech Language Therapy
• Medication Monitoring
• Patient Teaching
• Discharge Planning
• Nutrition Counseling
• Podiatry Services
• Dental Services
• Optometry Services
The rehabilitation program is led by a physician who specializes in rehabilitation and physical medicine. The physician has an interdisciplinary group of highly trained and motivated specialists to round out the team - physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech/language pathologists, cognitive therapists, rehabilitation nurses, social workers, therapeutic recreational specialists and nutritionists.
All rehabilitation programs are individually tailored to ensure success. We strive for healthy outcomes. That means using every possible form of effective therapy to accelerate and maximize every resident’s rehabilitation potential.
Rehabilitation programs range from intensive one-on-one therapy sessions to group sessions. This includes a variety of support groups which allow residents the opportunity to learn more about their condition, share experiences with others, discuss concerns and build lasting friendships.
For some patients, intravenous antibiotic therapy is the most effective treatment for fighting infection. For those patients whose physicians have prescribed intravenous antibiotics as part of their healthcare program, an IV and Central Line program is offered which allows them to continue their therapy in the comfort of our facility.
Residents are always busy, if they choose to be. A representative from the activities department greets each resident at the time of admission to discuss personal interests and hobbies. While at the facility, patients can be involved in their favorite pastimes, and meet others with similar interests.
Arts and crafts, physical fitness programs and discussion groups are all coordinated through the activities department. There are also wine and cheese parties, ice cream socials and cookouts. Outings away from the facility are also scheduled.
• Age 22 or older
• Persons with a significant change in functional status resulting from a medical problem or problems.
• Persons who are medically stable and able to participate in rehabilitation activity.
We accept admission from all healthcare facilities
• Emergency Rooms
• Physicians Office
• Acute Care Hospitals
Referrals can be made by contacting Port Healthcare Center directly. Please refer to the list below for insurances accepted. If you want to confirm insurance information on Port Healthcare Center, please call the facility directly at (978) 462-7373.
We accept most Medicare, Medicaid, workers compensation and insurance plans, including a wide range of major HMO’s and PPO’s, including, but not limited to:
• Workers Compensation
• AETNA/US Healthcare
• Anthem BC
• Beech Street
• Blue Cross/Blue Shield of MA
• CIGNA/Healthsource MA/NH
• Commonwealth Care
• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
• Neighborhood Health Plan
• Tufts Associated Health Plan (out of contract only)
• Unicare (GIC Indemnity)
• United Healthcare
Religious Services & Support Groups
We recognize that the spiritual needs of our residents are very important. Religious services are held on-site and clergy of different faiths visit regularly.
Support meetings are available for family members of residents. These group discussions and activities allow families to share thoughts and feelings and learn from others who have loved ones in similar situations.
Patient support groups are also held regularly. Here residents can learn more about their disability, discuss concerns, share experiences and more.
Directions to Port Healthcare Center
• From New Hampshire: Take Route 95 South. From 95 South take Exit 57 (Route 113). At the bottom of the ramp go left. Once on Route 113, take your second right, this is Low Street. Go approximately two miles and Port Healthcare will be on your right at the corner of Low and Hale Streets.
• From Boston or Danvers Area: Route 95 North take Exit 57 (Route 113). At the bottom of the ramp go right. Once on Route 113 take your first right, this is Low Street. Go approximately two miles and Port Healthcare will be on your right at the corner of Low and Hale Streets.
• From Lawrence or Lowell Area: Route 495 North take Exit 55 (Route 110). Once on Route 110, get on Route 95 South. From 95 South, take Exit 57 (Route 113). At the bottom of the ramp go left. Once on Route 113, take your second right, this is Low Street. Go approximately two miles and Port Healthcare will be on your right at the corner of Low and Hale Streets