We are now offering admission to our Neuro Day Rehab Program, an intensive stroke and brain injury recovery program that offers physical, occupational and speech/language therapy, as well as regular visits with a Nurse Practitioner focused on care coordination, education, support, health promotion and stroke prevention.
Available Monday through Thursday from 9-2, our program provides personalized, rigorous rehabilitation combined with social and recreational opportunities. Upon referral, patients are assessed and a program created that accommodates their needs, including frequency and duration of attendance.
The program is designed to promote independence and functional recovery, and our team works closely to assist the patient to meet their personal rehab goals. Using the gym, the pool and our simulated environments, which include an apartment with a kitchen, a movie theatre, an ATM and a supermarket, each person’s functional progress is carefully tracked and the program adjusted as their skills improve and goals change.
Treatments are both one-on-one and in groups, and our team is dedicated to the program, so that patients work with the same therapists during their entire enrollment.
Highlights of our program:
• Available Monday – Thursday 9am-2pm
• Comprehensive outpatient neuro-focused rehab program
• Individualized program based on patient’s goals to promote independence and functionality
• OT, PT and S/L and Nurse Practitioner
• Individual sessions and groups, both on land and in pool
• Care coordination, risk reduction education, general health promotion
• Gym, pool and simulated environments, including supermarket, theater, apartment with kitchen and banking
• Social and recreational opportunities
• Personalized schedule
• Family meetings
Call Alixis Van Horn, RN, MSN, APRN-C, CHPN or Danielle Bergeron, Outpatient Manager at (508) 871-2077 to learn more. Referrals can be made by individuals, family members, agencies, and health care providers. Most insurances accepted.