Welcome to Oak Knoll Healthcare Center
Oak Knoll Healthcare Center is a special place where virtually every healthcare need and desire is met, including: quality; comprehensive medical, nursing and rehabilitation care; beautiful facilities; air conditioning and a friendly staff of experts who exhibit the utmost respect and dignity. The atmosphere at Oak Knoll is warm and family like. Oak Knoll is a place that is easy to call “home.”
The professionals at Oak Knoll are dedicated to providing high quality long-term nursing and subacute care. It is our goal to open the doorways to a functional and fulfilling lifestyle for each and every one of our residents.
The facility is situated on lovely grounds in Framingham, Massachusetts in a setting that has been described by residents as “pleasant and comfortable.” Oak Knoll offers elegant dining, social rooms and finely decorated living accommodations. In addition, the nursing and therapeutic services are second to none. Programs are comprehensive, offering residents the most modern, innovative therapies available.
• IV Therapy (central lines)
• Wound Management
• Respiratory Therapy (including ventilator services)
• Physical Therapy
• Occupational Therapy
• Speech Language Therapy
• Medication Monitoring
• Patient Teaching
• Discharge Planning
• Nutrition Counseling
• Podiatry Services
• Dental Services
• Optometry Services
The rehabilitation program is led by a physician who specializes in rehabilitation and physical medicine. The physician has an interdisciplinary group of highly trained and motivated specialists to round out the team - physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech/language pathologists, cognitive therapists, rehabilitation nurses, social workers, therapeutic recreational specialists and nutritionists.
All rehabilitation programs are individually tailored to ensure success. We strive for healthy outcomes. That means using every possible form of effective therapy to accelerate and maximize every resident’s rehabilitation potential.
Rehabilitation programs range from intensive one-on-one therapy sessions to group sessions. This includes a variety of support groups which allow residents the opportunity to learn more about their condition, share experiences with others, discuss concerns and build lasting friendships.
For some patients, intravenous antibiotic therapy is the most effective treatment for fighting infection. For those patients whose physicians have prescribed intravenous antibiotics as part of their healthcare program, an IV and Central Line program is offered which allows them to continue their therapy in the comfort of our facility.
Residents are always busy, if they choose to be. A representative from the activities department greets each resident at the time of admission to discuss personal interests and hobbies. While at the facility, patients can be involved in their favorite pastimes, and meet others with similar interests.
Arts and crafts, physical fitness programs and discussion groups are all coordinated through the activities department. There are also holiday parties, ice cream socials and cookouts. Outings away from the facility are also scheduled.
In addition to our activities room, Oak Knoll has a music room, activities room, a library, and an entertainment room.
• Age 16 or older
• Persons with a significant change in functional status resulting from a medical problem or problems.
• Persons who are medically stable and able to participate in rehabilitation activity.
We accept admission from all healthcare facilities
• Emergency Rooms
• Physicians Office
• Acute Care Hospitals
Referrals can be made by contacting Oak Knoll Healthcare Center directly. Please refer to the list below for insurances accepted. If you want to confirm insurance information on Oak Knoll Healthcare Center, please call the facility directly at (508) 877-3300.
We accept most Medicare, Medicaid, workers compensation and insurance plans, including a wide range of major HMO’s and PPO’s, including, but not limited to:
• Workers Compensation
• AETNA/US Healthcare
• Anthem BC
• Blue Cross/Blue Shield of MA
• CIGNA/Healthsource MA/NH
• Fallon Community Health Plan
• Focus Healthcare
• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
• Holland Compcare
• Neighborhood Health Plan
• Tufts Associated Health Plan
• Unicare (GIC Indemnity)
• United Payors/United Providers
Religious Services & Support Groups
We recognize that the spiritual needs of our residents are very important. Religious services are held on-site and clergy of different faiths visit regularly.
Families are invited to actively participate in goal-setting, conferences, teaching programs and counseling sessions. They will work with the same members of the care team throughout a resident’s stay.
Learning to adjust to and care for a family member with a handicap can be an enormous task for a family. Our social workers can help address these complex issues. In addition, a Family Council group is organized especially for family members. At these meetings, families can share their feelings and thoughts with others who are in similar situations.
Directions to Oak Knoll Healthcare Center
• From 495 North: Take 495 South to Exit 23A. Take Route 9 West and follow for approximately 7.2 miles. Take the Edgell Road/Main Street exit off Route 9. Take a left at the end of the exit ramp and follow Edgell Road for 2 miles. At the lights, take a right onto Water Street. Take 1st left onto Hemenway Road and then the 4th right onto Arbetter Drive. The facility will be on your left.
• From 495 South: Take 495 South to Exit 23 - Route 9 East. (Then follow same directions as North).
• From 128 North: Take 128 South to Exit 20B. Take Route 9 West and follow for approximately 10 miles. Take the Framingham/ Southboro exit off Route 9 and immediately take a right onto Edgell Road. Follow for 2 miles. At the light, take a right onto Water Street. Take your 1st left onto Hemenway Road. Take your 4th right onto Arbetter Drive. Facility will be on you left.
• From 128 South: Take 128 North to Exit 20 - Route 9 West. (Then follow same directions as North)
• From Boston: Take Mass Pike West to Exit 12. Follow signs for Framingham, Route 9 East. Stay on Route 9 for 2 miles and exit off at Edgell Road/Main Street exit. Take a left onto Edgell Road and follow for 2 miles. At the lights, take a right onto Water Street. Take your 1st left onto Hemenway Road. The 4th right is Arbetter Drive. Facility will be on your left.
• From Worcester: Take Mass Pike East to Exit 12. (Then follow same directions as Boston).